Letter to Harriet Osberton

Leyland, September 12th, 1763

My dear Harriet,

what a weekend! I got your letter on Friday, but couldn't sit down for my response till this morning. I hope you'll receive this letter on your safe arrival home. Please send a note of your health and disposition after your return.
Our dinner for Ms Susan was as neat an affair one would expect and everybody well entertained and fed. Sundays service would have been to your liking, though Reverend Thompson was obviously happy about no critics present.
My dearest Harriet, I miss you very much. Ms Susan is an angel and a profound teacher and a wonderful aunt, but my friend's absence and her cruel family makes me wish for us being together. Let me know, when I can visit you at Clarington!
Ms B sends you all the best wishes; we called on her and she'll come to take tea with us tomorrow.

Do give all my love to Mr O and think of your ever true friend

Emy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

© The Leyland Manor Diary, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena