September 3rd, 1763

It is only a matter of one or two days and my Lord's aunt and cousin are arriving at Leyland. I'm most exceedingly terrified! Though he is assuring me of his aunt being 'most amiable' and his cousin 'a very good sort of fellow', it is still not in the least comforting. I haven't been a good wife, nor even a good mistress of this manner. I shall call on Ms B immediately! Heaven knows, I cannot sit still here, while Lord C is away on business and there's nothing for me to do in the house. Mrs Lewis already took care of everything, because, as she put it, 'she knows the ways of Ms Susan very well and how his Lordship's aunt wants her room to be prepared...' - Now there! If that doesn't say everything!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

© The Leyland Manor Diary, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena