July 17th, 1763

I needn't have bothered to ponder the question last night. My husband came into my bedroom this morning to bid farewell and even dared to tell me, that he would miss me.
How cruel!
I hadn't slept well or at all that night and was quite exhausted. I realized him sitting on the edge of my bed, caressing my hair. It is awfully mean of me to be somehow annoyed by his behaviour towards me. I mean, his kind behaviour towards me! How do I deserve it anyway? I am afraid I really begin to like him, as if it is not already enough that I respect him. But his perfect conduct, especially in comparison with his brother, is reminding me all the time, that I am really grateful to be HIS wife and not anybody else's. What a disturbing thing to realize!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

© The Leyland Manor Diary, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena