March 15th, 1763

Today the dressmaker came and mother, Mrs. P. and unfortunately me too, were choosing fabrics, ribbons, buttons, bows, silk-flowers etc. - Mother also purchased Persian yarn for me to embroider some things of my trousseau myself. I think she wants to keep me busy and it works; I don´t think so much of my upcoming marriage, but concentrate on the pattern I try to stitch.
After dinner I have my usual position at the harp or the harpsichord to entertain my family and be occupied. They do not talk very much about it, when I´m present, but Mama is exuberantly happy, as if she is going to be married...
Mrs. P. is busy with her little one, that is crying more than any other of my nephews or nieces. He will be the most spoiled child ever. Fat and effete, when he´s grown up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

© The Leyland Manor Diary, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena